Smart Business Services Limited - Registered Tax Agents with IRD

Email Us:
Call Us: 09 837 5393
Location: Henderson, Auckland


Our Services




Photo by punsayaporn

Forming a Company in New Zealand

Starting a Business/Company

Different types of business structure have different accounting requirements and taxation needs. While forming a NZ Limited Liability Company requires formal registeration, a sole trader type business does not require any such registeration. Talk to us regarding what type of business you are planning to open and we can assist in setting up the right business structure for you.

Accounting and Record Keeping

Once you have formed a company or started business, we can provide you with accounting support. Our method of keeping record of business transactions is simple and every client is explained throughly about the requirements. A simple coding structure is provided which enables you to mark transactions as per our coding guide. This enables us to efficiently record your transactions into various income and expense categories.

GST/Tax Returns

From GST Returns to Final Accounts and Tax Returns. We can do all this for your business. We can also assist in preparing Payroll and filing PAYE. Plus FBT if you provide benefit to your staff or yourself as a working shareholder. These returns are required to be filed with IRD on a timely manner which we can do. As a Client of a Tax Agent, you may receive extension of time in filing Income Tax Returns.

Our Main Services Overview


Our consultation is always free for registered clients. However your first and even second consultation is also free even if you are not registered with us.


We can assist with setting up a small business payroll system and assist you in preparing wages/salaries. If you wish for us to handle this for you, we can do that for a small fee.

Tax Returns

This is our foremost service. All business, whether limited liability or sole trader, rental property or just un-taxed wages need to file an Income Tax Return. This is where we come in.

FBT Returns

If you are a company and have a business asset that is used by shareholders than you need to file FBT as well. More common with company owned vehicle used by directors for personal trips.

GST Returns

If your sales for the year is or will be $60K or more, you need to register for GST and file returns. Talk to us and we can assess any requirement.



Being online and having a website is the new way to do business. We know some professionals who can assist you with this at very reasonable cost. Talk to us regarding your requirement.